Thursday, December 4, 2008

flash banner web intro for "pylones" gifts website. bounce the birds by dragging with your mouse







Flash Banner…

This was fun to do, I chose the cutesy gift company Pylones, because I wanted to play about with characters and colour.
One of the most enjoyably parts was recording the audio for the birds, thanks to Ben Waddleton for being a bird with me.
Basically I took the elasticity element from an online flash tutorial. I was really excited about making the telephone cable bounce, but this proved too tricky for my limited flash skills, and was mainly in AS3. Though it’s a bit of a fudge I think I’ve gotten away with just making the birds sit on a static cable.
I was going to write a piece of music to go with it, but I think it would have been too busy. I could have pushed this project further, with more characters, and objectives, but the simplicity is nice I think, and the website itself is flashy enough to make up for it.
My main problem with this was that the Pylones logo is shit – Italic Impact font, it should be a handwritten thing or an animal picture, I found this very difficult to fit into the piece.

No comments:

Followers

eyare